As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, it is the policy of RMI not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, religion, or veteran status.
We are always looking for great people.
Laser Application Technician
RMI Laser, LLC is seeking a technician to work with a close-knit team and test laser systems and applications.
This opportunity provides training and allows for development/advancement within the company as you acquire skill-sets and technical knowledge. The person who is the right fit will want to build a career in a niche industry while learning a variety of skill-sets around our products.
– Building image files in SW Pro and editing them in Photoshop, Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator.
– Test marking customer samples and documenting settings for producing the best mark.
– Tracking customer-provided sample products.
– Providing updates, status, and completion information to assigned sales member.
– Loading specified software packages, operating system, drivers, and updates into computer.
– Setting up electronic and optical instruments to test laser systems, ensuring equipment meets or exceeds all system specs.
– Verifying laser system matches Sales Order specs and preparing system for delivery.
– Conducting Pre-Departure Quality Testing before the product leaves the facility.
– An Associate’s degree and/or 2 years experience in a technical field is a plus.
– A high school diploma/GED is required.
Candidates must be fluent in English, have an aptitude and interest in mechanical or electro-mechanical devices, basic troubleshooting skills, basic computer skills, and be able to read and follow verbal and written instructions. Knowledge of image manipulation using Corel Draw, Photoshop, and/or Adobe Illustrator and an eye for graphics/visual design desired.
RMI Laser LLC. is seeking a Mechanical Engineer. The best candidate will have a strong ability to design and produce technical drawings, parts and/or assemblies from engineering specifications and details. There will be some technical writing involved in the position.
Prepares clear, complete and accurate technical drawings and 3D models for production from rough or detailed sketches and or parts, calculations, specifications and /or models. Organizes and maintains completed engineering data and drawings. BOM creation and maintenance will
also be required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
– Makes final drawings of parts, assemblies or sub-assemblies, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
– Utilizes knowledge of various drafting and technical practices.
– Makes any adjustments or changes necessary or desired.
– Updates existing drawings to reflect changes or drawing format.
– Draws finished designs from parts or 3D models.
– Creates 3D models based on information provided.
– Uses SolidWorks CAD software to complete drawings/models.
– Creates PFD drawings and specifications for production and manufacturing.
– Interacts with various departments including manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, and accounting.
– Other technical duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
– Analytical — Basic understanding of metal structures, machining and various fabrication techniques.
– Design — Basic design skills. Designs and specifications typically provided by engineering staff.
– Problem Solving — Able to solve problems regarding technical data and information as it pertains to drawings.
– Project Management — Completes multiple assigned tasks through use of time management.
– Technical Skills — Very Strong 3D modeling and drafting techniques in Solidworks is mandatory. Knowledgeable in AutoCAD is also desirable. Ability to produce complete drawings and provide technical information based of specifications provided.
– BOM generation is required. Also knowledge of MAS200 or similar is helpful.
* Minimum of Bachelor of Science from a 4 year college or technical school.
* Three to five years related experience.
This is a full-time position with benefits available at 90-days employment.
Entry Level Electrical Engineer
RMI Laser, LLC. seeks an entry level electrical engineer to design, build, and test electronics for its various laser systems.
The ideal candidate will be a high energy, detail-oriented self-starter who enjoys learning on the job and making valuable contributions to our small, cross-functional technology team of scientists and engineers.
– Work with a small team engineers to develop and troubleshoot electronics for products and programs.
– Create simple enclosures, accessories, and cable drawings, BOMs etc.
– Work closely with our technology team to sources parts, recheck specifications, and designs for future and legacy projects.
– Communicate clearly as technical support for a variety of departments such as Customer Service, Sales, Custom, and Engineering.
– Take on a variety of small tasks on an add-needed basis for special projects.
– Work closely with the product development team to generate hardware requirements, produce documentation, perform design reviews, and create test plans.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
Must have a good understanding of design principles. 1-2 years of experience designing.
Experience building and testing electronics circuits, including working with soldering stations, oscilloscopes, function generators, spectrum analyzers, and multi-meters.
U.S. citizen or permanent resident
RMI Laser, LLC. seeks a Software Engineer who researches, develops, and maintains software systems for customer facing as well as internal use application.
The ideal candidate will be a high energy, detail-oriented self-starter who enjoys learning on the job and making valuable contributions to our small, cross-functional technology team of scientists and engineers. A total Rock Star.
– Analyze software requirements to determined feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
– Develop new software to fulfill customer requirements.
– Maintain and support existing applications, both internal and customer facing. This requires customer interaction as well as interaction with RMI Laser Employees for internal software requirements.
– Confers with hardware and software engineers to determine needs and formulate software based solutions.
B.S. in Computer Science or related field. 5-10 years would be best.
U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Other Desired Skills and Abilities Knowledge:
Vision Systems and machine learning are desired Knowledge of LATEX.
FPGA knowledge and experience.
Automated Testing and Continuous Integration.
RMI Laser, LLC. is looking for an engineer who desires a career in sales. We specialize in industrial laser marking systems for parts identification, traceability and graphics. Our in-house laser technologies include Fiber, YVO4, Green & YAG.
Come join our sales team to provide the best overall solution for almost any laser marking requirement! We sell a wide range of products along with custom engineering capabilities. When it comes to sales, there are endless possibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Assists a team with business development and sales.
– Prices and reviews Laser technology of all incoming sales quotes requests.
– Reviews customer needs, plans, and other possible laser accessory needs to develop and prepare cost estimates or projected increases in production.
– Provides technical information to customer, sales team, and production on any job history or technical data upon request.
– Compiles analysis of current data or equations used in optical component creation.
– Reviews returned product forms and does final analysis of documentation.
– Inputs any product analysis into Sales Force to complete process.
– Gathers monthly sales numbers and projections including win/loss bid ratios, product analysis, and wavelength comparisons for internal tracking.
Education and/or Experience:
2 to 4 years related experience required.
Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year College or university in Science; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
$50,000 base salary plus commission